New photos

  • Ed Carthell
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2008
      Good morning all I have not posted a lot to this fine list I have just
      been kind of lurking but We were able to take some photos of my kit
      and horse this week end and thought that I should let you see them. I
      am doing polish 1590 hussar.

      Earl Edward Ean Anderson KSCA OL
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2008
        Your Grace, that is an awesome kit! Think your persona
        will participate in a little armed tourism east with
        Dmitri in a couple years? My comrades and I were just
        wondering....
        YIS,
        Boiarin Mordok Timofeivich Rostovskogo, OL, MK

        --- Ed Carthell <ed.carthell@...> wrote:

        > Good morning all I have not posted a lot to this
        > fine list I have just
        > been kind of lurking but We were able to take some
        > photos of my kit
        > and horse this week end and thought that I should
        > let you see them. I
        > am doing polish 1590 hussar.
        >
        > Earl Edward Ean Anderson KSCA OL

        Best Regards,
        'dok

        OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t
      • Richard
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 31, 2008
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Carthell" <ed.carthell@...> wrote:

          > Good morning all I have not posted a lot to this fine list I have
          just
          > been kind of lurking but We were able to take some photos of my kit
          > and horse this week end and thought that I should let you see them.
          > am doing polish 1590 hussar.
          >
          > Earl Edward Ean Anderson KSCA OL

          Where are these images?

          Richard
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 31, 2008
            Photos section under Earl Edward
            --- Richard <tinbasher1960@...> wrote:

            > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Carthell"
            > <ed.carthell@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Good morning all I have not posted a lot to this
            > fine list I have
            > just
            > > been kind of lurking but We were able to take some
            > photos of my kit
            > > and horse this week end and thought that I should
            > let you see them.
            > > am doing polish 1590 hussar.
            > >
            > > Earl Edward Ean Anderson KSCA OL
            >
            > Where are these images?
            >
            > Richard

            Best Regards,
            'dok

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 31, 2008
              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

              > Photos section under Earl Edward

              Those are brilliant your Earlship.

              You have captured the 'Ren era' hussar with the single mounted wing.

              Well done! Thank you for posting.

              Richard
            • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008
                Excellent job, Your Excellency.

                This is a very long term project I am planning as well - a Bathory-era
                hussar kit.

                I do have a few questions however.

                What kind of saddle are you using? If it's not a home made hussar saddle,
                which is closest to the ones the hussars used then, and why did you make the
                choices you did?**
                How did you attach the wing to the cantle?

                ** - I have heard, from members of our EQ community here, and in Trimaris &
                Atlantia [non-SCAdians, that's the Midwest and the areas stretching from
                Georgia, Fla., Md, etc - see http://www.sca.org/geography/welcome.html%5d, that
                the McClellan is very close to photos I have of extant hussar saddles. But
                after my own examination of photos of extant saddles, I think that a
                Peruvian saddle is actually much closer. What do you think?

                Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. :)
                --
                Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                "To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To

              • Carthell, Ed (B/TEC Ltd.)
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008
                  Please excuse my ignorance what is Dmitri I know of people with the name Dmitri. Is it a event? Thank you for understanding

                  Ed Carthell
                  Structural Designer
                  Phone (503) 553-8387

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008
                    Thank you I Richard I have been working on this kit for years and it is now coming together. I could not pass up taking the photos in the snow we had last week end. Got up to find 8 in on the ground Saturdays morning.

                    Edward Ean Anderson

                    Ed Carthell
                    Structural Designer
                    Phone (503) 553-8387

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008
                      Just a pun on my Russianess in this sea of Noble
                      Poles! The False Dmitri who led the Poles into Russia
                      during The Time of Truobles in 1604! I watched an
                      excellent movie about those times at Zigmunts a few
                      weeks ago!
                      'dok
                      --- "Carthell, Ed (B/TEC Ltd.)"
                      <ed.carthell@...> wrote:

                      > Please excuse my ignorance what is Dmitri I know of
                      > people with the name Dmitri. Is it a event? Thank
                      > you for understanding
                      >
                      > Ed Carthell
                      > Structural Designer
                      > Phone (503) 553-8387
                      >
                      > Your Grace, that is an awesome kit! Think your
                      > persona
                      > will participate in a little armed tourism east with
                      > Dmitri in a couple years? My comrades and I were
                      > just
                      > wondering....
                      > YIS,
                      > Boiarin Mordok Timofeivich Rostovskogo, OL, MK

                      Best Regards,
                      'dok

                    • Suzanne
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008
                        Magnificent. And some of us would like to know more about your horses, too. :-)

                        Susanna

                        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Carthell, Ed (B/TEC Ltd.)" <ed.carthell@...> wrote:

                        > Thank you I Richard I have been working on this kit for years and it is now coming
                        together. I could not pass up taking the photos in the snow we had last week end. Got up
                        to find 8 in on the ground Saturdays morning.

                        > Edward Ean Anderson
                        >
                        > Ed Carthell
                        > Structural Designer
                        > Phone (503) 553-8387
                        >
                        > Those are brilliant your Earlship.
                        >
                        > You have captured the 'Ren era' hussar with the single mounted wing.
                        >
                        > Well done! Thank you for posting.
                        >
                        > Richard

                      • "BRYAN" Frank Douglas
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 1, 2008
                          The photos are great!!

                          I am new to the group. ( just got and lost my snail mail letter, think
                          my number was 714) me and my lady Kahtarzyna Bathory, are new to the
                          group. it is good to see other Hussar.
                          I will down load some of our pics in a Calantir folder. Our little
                          group does Ren fairs and SCA.
                        • Carthell, Ed (B/TEC Ltd.)
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 2, 2008
                            Thank you for your complements. The saddle that you see is one of the Spanish saddles "Portuguesa" I was able to get it on eBay. It was not that expensive. It is the same saddle that was used in the 16th and 17th c. I have seen many paintings with that type of saddle in them. If you get one, I recommend taking it apart and checking the cinch and stirrups attachment points. I had the stirrups attachments fail in a champion's tournament and cost me the tournament. I agree after seeing many saddles while I was in Poland. I have many photos that I am working on trying to sort and post. I attached a brass holder to the back of the cantle that holds the wing. It is slips fit so that I can mount then have the wing put on because mounting with the wing is very difficult to say the least.

                            Advice keep working and having fun that is all that matters.

                            Are you going to be and the west cost any time in the future? I was able to view and take photos of the Stockholm roll but I cannot put them up or share them. However, you could see them if you are going to be out here. They are amazing and the colors and details are great. It was amazing to be able to view the roll up close with glass or things in the way. That was the greatest moment of the trip to be allowed in the back room and see it.

                            Ed Carthell
                            Structural Designer
                            Phone (503) 553-8387