Re: [sig] titles...

  • Mir Plemmons
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2008
      so... what of the student titles?

      I've seen some tempting stuff on Sofiya's website for guild apprentices but
      it seems that's later period.

      I can't quite make me use a 1700s word (protege, from around the French
      Revolution) for my student - would the laurels here present object to me
      using the guild apprentice term? After all, all I can figure for persona and
      my elevation is that I'm now a *master* trader...

      isttd,
      Mir

    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2008

        You might find it helpful to peruse the sections on service ranks (under Royal Officials) and the druzhina (under Military Ranks).

        Eg. otroki (adolescents), detskie (children), and pasynki (stepchildren) or the sluzhnya, the princely servants (slugi), as lower service ranks for early period. Later period you get into various ranks of diaki and such. I mostly stayed away from those on my webpage, but there seemed to be plenty of info elsewhere on the web.

        I haven't checked to see if it's period, or not, but my English-Russian dictionary gives "stavlennik" as a synonym for "protezhe".

        Sofya

        Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser