Jamestown settlement museum/cross post

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      The Jamestown settlement museum has an excellent if small display of
      16-17th C. Polish, Ottoman and Muscovite kit. This includes a 1550's era
      hussar helmet, an unusual small Ottoman Kalcan, an Ottoman
      Janissary 'spanish lock' musket, clothing items, swords, and ottoman
      and muscovite saddles and horse tack. This will be there a couple of
      months more.
      I am bummed that I did not hear that a few months ago they had a much
      larger muscovite exhibit, which is now gone. If you visit, it's in the
      upstairs special exhibits hall.
      -Rick