Re: [sig] Pennsic U - class on Lithuania?

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 12, 2008
      --- Patoodle@... wrote:

      > Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!
      >
      > I would like to ask people on this list two
      > questions:
      >
      > 1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to
      > a class titled something like "Lithuania: The
      > Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard
      > Of"?

      That title alone might draw you some audience! :-D

      I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the
      Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

      I would expect an overview of the history and
      significant bits of cultural information: religion,
      major industries, most closely tied to *(germany?)* by
      language/culture/treaty, etc etc.

      --Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Gloryanna MacKee
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 12, 2008
        Man I am so interested in this but won't be at Pennsic this year due to finances and my whole household not going. I would love any info on this if anyone want to share.

        Gloryanna

        To: sig@yahoogroups.com
        From: seonaid13@...
        Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:45:57 -0700
        Subject: Re: [sig] Pennsic U - class on Lithuania?

        --- Patoodle@... wrote:

        > Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!

        > I would like to ask people on this list two

        > questions:

        > 1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to

        > a class titled something like "Lithuania: The

        > Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard

        > Of"?

        That title alone might draw you some audience! :-D

        I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the

        Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

        I would expect an overview of the history and

        significant bits of cultural information: religion,

        major industries, most closely tied to *(germany?)* by

        language/culture/treaty, etc etc.

        --Sfandra

        ******************

        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova

        Haus Von Drakenklaue

        Kingdom of the East

        ******************

        Never 'pearl' your butt.

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?

      • Laima
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 13, 2008
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

          > I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the
          > Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

          Got sent back, you mean. :)
          Except for Samogitia - the Lithuanians held off the Teutonic Knights.

          It's an awesome, and unexpected history - if I ever went to Pennsic,
          I'd take the class. Sorry I won't be there.
          I'm really curious about sources for Lithuanian garb - I haven't
          really been able to find much on that...?

          Laima