the book...

  • Marilyn Kinyon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11, 2008
      I believe the name of the book is "Russian Historical Costume for the
      Stage" by Giliarovskaia
    • wheezul@canby.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2008
        > I believe the name of the book is "Russian Historical Costume for the
        > Stage" by Giliarovskaia

        Thanks!

        I'll bet this is the one if anyone else is looking through the ILL system:

        Russkii istoricheskii kostium dlia stseny
        N V Giliarovskaia, author
        1945
        Russian Book 138 p. : ill. ; 35 cm.
        Moskva : Iskusstvo,
        OCLC: 5903392
      • Kataryna Dragonweaver
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2008
          Yes that's the one.
          It's a great resource, and gives patterns - albeit patterns for
          stage productions (not nessecarily the same as period construction).

          I personally adore the fabric swatches they show at the back
          detailing the types of prints used. The first chapter goes through a
          lot of the period material used to determine the patterns.... so
          it's a lovely way of quickly finding primary source materials on the
          topic. And babble fish will give an idea of what the captions say.

          You just lucked out that I had taken the book with me to work.
          -Kataryna