Re: [sig] Re:I need help documenting this picture?

  • wheezul@canby.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 11, 2008
      I'm interested in looking at the book. Is it possible to list the name
      and author of the book please?

      Thanks!

      Katherine

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 11, 2008
        Forwarded from East Kingdom list:

        Pennsic University is now on the air! Teachers may now
        register their classes. Go to www.pennsicwar.org and
        follow the A&S link to Pennsic University.

        Mistress Jessa d'Avondale
        PennsicWar.org webmaster

        ******************
        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Patoodle@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 11, 2008
          Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!

          I would like to ask people on this list two questions:

          1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to a class titled something like "Lithuania: The Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard Of"?

          2) If so, what would you like the class to cover?

          What I'm thinking so far is 3-5 minutes of introduction (asking the students what they already know about Lithuania), 20 minutes of the history of Lithuania and the Baltic region (the two are intertwined), 20 minutes for tips on how to make your persona more Lithuanian (garb, jewelry, etc.) and 5 minutes of general discussion. (The Pennsic U guidelines say that a one-hour class should actually last 50-55 minutes.)

          What does everybody think?

          And yes, Asfridhr, you would get class notes, although most of the materials probably will have come from you anyway! :-)

          Thanks in advance,
          Lady Patricia of Trakai
          Kingdom of Atlantia

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 12, 2008
            --- Patoodle@... wrote:

            > Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!
            >
            > I would like to ask people on this list two
            > questions:
            >
            > 1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to
            > a class titled something like "Lithuania: The
            > Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard
            > Of"?

            That title alone might draw you some audience! :-D

            I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the
            Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

            I would expect an overview of the history and
            significant bits of cultural information: religion,
            major industries, most closely tied to *(germany?)* by
            language/culture/treaty, etc etc.

            --Sfandra

            ******************
            Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            Haus Von Drakenklaue
            Kingdom of the East
            ******************
            Never 'pearl' your butt.

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • Gloryanna MacKee
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 12, 2008
              Man I am so interested in this but won't be at Pennsic this year due to finances and my whole household not going. I would love any info on this if anyone want to share.

              Gloryanna

              To: sig@yahoogroups.com
              From: seonaid13@...
              Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:45:57 -0700
              Subject: Re: [sig] Pennsic U - class on Lithuania?

              --- Patoodle@... wrote:

              > Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!

              > I would like to ask people on this list two

              > questions:

              > 1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to

              > a class titled something like "Lithuania: The

              > Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard

              > Of"?

              That title alone might draw you some audience! :-D

              I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the

              Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

              I would expect an overview of the history and

              significant bits of cultural information: religion,

              major industries, most closely tied to *(germany?)* by

              language/culture/treaty, etc etc.

              --Sfandra

              ******************

              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova

              Haus Von Drakenklaue

              Kingdom of the East

              ******************

              Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?

            • Laima
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 13, 2008
                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

                > I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the
                > Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

                Got sent back, you mean. :)
                Except for Samogitia - the Lithuanians held off the Teutonic Knights.

                It's an awesome, and unexpected history - if I ever went to Pennsic,
                I'd take the class. Sorry I won't be there.
                I'm really curious about sources for Lithuanian garb - I haven't
                really been able to find much on that...?

                Laima