Re:I need help documenting this picture?

  • Kataryna Dragonweaver
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 11 11:17 AM
      Hi,

      I have a copy of the book Russian Historical Costume (For stage) that
      the picture originally came from.... and the picture is on page 8 in my
      copy... but it could be page nine in others... this one has been rebound
      by the library it's from.

      I'll post my scan of the picture from the actual book, and the
      surrounding text... significantly more text then your picture has.

      Hope some one on the list can help you translate.

      [:)]

      -Kataryna

    • wheezul@canby.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 11 11:22 AM
        I'm interested in looking at the book. Is it possible to list the name
        and author of the book please?

        Thanks!

        Katherine

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 11 12:14 PM
          Forwarded from East Kingdom list:

          Pennsic University is now on the air! Teachers may now
          register their classes. Go to www.pennsicwar.org and
          follow the A&S link to Pennsic University.

          Mistress Jessa d'Avondale
          PennsicWar.org webmaster

          ******************
          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          ******************
          Never 'pearl' your butt.

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Patoodle@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 11 3:06 PM
            Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!

            I would like to ask people on this list two questions:

            1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to a class titled something like "Lithuania: The Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard Of"?

            2) If so, what would you like the class to cover?

            What I'm thinking so far is 3-5 minutes of introduction (asking the students what they already know about Lithuania), 20 minutes of the history of Lithuania and the Baltic region (the two are intertwined), 20 minutes for tips on how to make your persona more Lithuanian (garb, jewelry, etc.) and 5 minutes of general discussion. (The Pennsic U guidelines say that a one-hour class should actually last 50-55 minutes.)

            What does everybody think?

            And yes, Asfridhr, you would get class notes, although most of the materials probably will have come from you anyway! :-)

            Thanks in advance,
            Lady Patricia of Trakai
            Kingdom of Atlantia

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 12 5:45 AM
              --- Patoodle@... wrote:

              > Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!
              >
              > I would like to ask people on this list two
              > questions:
              >
              > 1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to
              > a class titled something like "Lithuania: The
              > Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard
              > Of"?

              That title alone might draw you some audience! :-D

              I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the
              Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

              I would expect an overview of the history and
              significant bits of cultural information: religion,
              major industries, most closely tied to *(germany?)* by
              language/culture/treaty, etc etc.

              --Sfandra

              ******************
              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              Haus Von Drakenklaue
              Kingdom of the East
              ******************
              Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            • Gloryanna MacKee
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 12 7:59 AM
                Man I am so interested in this but won't be at Pennsic this year due to finances and my whole household not going. I would love any info on this if anyone want to share.

                Gloryanna

                To: sig@yahoogroups.com
                From: seonaid13@...
                Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:45:57 -0700
                Subject: Re: [sig] Pennsic U - class on Lithuania?

                --- Patoodle@... wrote:

                > Thanks for forwarding that, Sfandra!

                > I would like to ask people on this list two

                > questions:

                > 1) If you were at Pennsic, would you actually go to

                > a class titled something like "Lithuania: The

                > Biggest Medieval Country You May Never Have Heard

                > Of"?

                That title alone might draw you some audience! :-D

                I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the

                Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

                I would expect an overview of the history and

                significant bits of cultural information: religion,

                major industries, most closely tied to *(germany?)* by

                language/culture/treaty, etc etc.

                --Sfandra

                ******************

                Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova

                Haus Von Drakenklaue

                Kingdom of the East

                ******************

                Never 'pearl' your butt.

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?

              • Laima
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 13 8:52 PM
                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

                  > I might. I know nothing about Lithuania except the
                  > Teutonic Knights came from there (I think...;D )

                  Got sent back, you mean. :)
                  Except for Samogitia - the Lithuanians held off the Teutonic Knights.

                  It's an awesome, and unexpected history - if I ever went to Pennsic,
                  I'd take the class. Sorry I won't be there.
                  I'm really curious about sources for Lithuanian garb - I haven't
                  really been able to find much on that...?

                  Laima