Re: [sig] Re: Random sharing

  • T Duran
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2, 2008
      On 3/3/08, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

      > cheered for the Maid
      > of Pskov who got mailled-up and fought..

      Vasilisa (*swoon*). Friends of my in-laws knew the actress who
      played her, but unfortunately she passed away before I could cadge an
      autograph.

      We watched this in my high school Russian class & discussing the
      "special effects" for the Battle on the Ice. For some sequences, the
      ice platforms were made from painted plywood, mounted on casters to
      make them glide along. The water was maybe four inches deep, and they
      dyed it with black ink to get it to look right on film.

      --Kazimira
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 2, 2008
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "T Duran" <sazabhadri@...> wrote:

        > On 3/3/08, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
        >
        > > cheered for the Maid
        > > of Pskov who got mailled-up and fought..
        >
        > Vasilisa (*swoon*). Friends of my in-laws knew the actress who
        > played her, but unfortunately she passed away before I could cadge an
        > autograph.

        I have been able to see this movie on ch 35 U.C.S.D. in San Diego.

        Has a good medieval feel.

        Richard