Re: [sig] Need help from Russian book buyers

  • wheezul@canby.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
      > I believe that Pastiche had that book at Estrella in their booth.
      > They are in california or oregon, I believe. I do not remember the
      > price.
      >
      > pastiche@... is the last email I have.
      >
      > Ianuk

      Is this the name and author of this book?

      Dode Z.V. 2001. Srednevekoviy kostyum narodov Severnogo Kavkaza. Moscow.
      (in Russian) (Medieval costume of the peoples of Northern Caucasus).

      Katherine
    • wheezul@canby.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
        >> I believe that Pastiche had that book at Estrella in their booth.
        >> They are in california or oregon, I believe. I do not remember the
        >> price.
        >>
        >> pastiche@... is the last email I have.
        >>
        >> Ianuk
        >
        > Is this the name and author of this book?
        >
        > Dode Z.V. 2001. Srednevekoviy kostyum narodov Severnogo Kavkaza. Moscow.
        > (in Russian) (Medieval costume of the peoples of Northern Caucasus).
        >
        > Katherine

        I've convinced myself that this really might be the book from the listing
        from Worldcat as it has the same date and publisher as the ebay listing:

        Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
        ocherki istorii /
        Z V Dode

        2001
        Russian Book 134 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 29 cm.
        Moskva : Izdatel’skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN, ; ISBN:
        5020182370 9785020182370
        Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
        Libraries worldwide that own item: 26
        Title: Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
        ocherki istorii /
        Author(s): Dode, Z. V. (Zvezdana Vladimirovna)
        Publication: Moskva : Izdatel’skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN,
        Year: 2001
        Language: Russian; Summary in English.
        Series: Kul’tura narodov Vostoka;
        Standard No: ISBN: 5020182370; 9785020182370 LCCN: 2003-439315
        SUBJECT(S)
        Descriptor: Clothing and dress -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus,
        Northern -- History.
        Ethnology -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus, Northern.
        Geographic: Caucasus, Northern (Russia) -- Social life and customs.
        Note(s): At head of title: Rossiiskaia akademiia nauk. Otdelenie istorii.
        Institut vostokovedeniia./ Includes bibliographical references and index.
        Class Descriptors: LC: GT1051.C32
        Responsibility: Z.V. Dode.
        Document Type: Book
        Entry: 20011025
        Update: 20070313
        Accession No: OCLC: 49509343
        Database: WorldCat

        Katherine
      • Leslie Lightfoot
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
          Pastiche is in Portland, Oregon. Here is their website address:

          http://www.abebooks.com/home/pastiche/

          >> I believe that Pastiche had that book at Estrella in their booth.
          >> They are in california or oregon, I believe. I do not remember the
          >> price.
          >>
          >> pastiche@... is the last email I have.
          >>
          >> Ianuk
          >
          > Is this the name and author of this book?
          >
          > Dode Z.V. 2001. Srednevekoviy kostyum narodov Severnogo Kavkaza. Moscow.
          > (in Russian) (Medieval costume of the peoples of Northern Caucasus).
          >
          > Katherine

          I've convinced myself that this really might be the book from the listing
          from Worldcat as it has the same date and publisher as the ebay listing:

          Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
          ocherki istorii /
          Z V Dode

          2001
          Russian Book 134 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 29 cm.
          Moskva : Izdatel'skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN, ; ISBN:
          5020182370 9785020182370
          Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
          Libraries worldwide that own item: 26
          Title: Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
          ocherki istorii /
          Author(s): Dode, Z. V. (Zvezdana Vladimirovna)
          Publication: Moskva : Izdatel'skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN,
          Year: 2001
          Language: Russian; Summary in English.
          Series: Kul'tura narodov Vostoka;
          Standard No: ISBN: 5020182370; 9785020182370 LCCN: 2003-439315
          SUBJECT(S)
          Descriptor: Clothing and dress -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus,
          Northern -- History.
          Ethnology -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus, Northern.
          Geographic: Caucasus, Northern (Russia) -- Social life and customs.
          Note(s): At head of title: Rossiiskaia akademiia nauk. Otdelenie istorii.
          Institut vostokovedeniia./ Includes bibliographical references and index.
          Class Descriptors: LC: GT1051.C32
          Responsibility: Z.V. Dode.
          Document Type: Book
          Entry: 20011025
          Update: 20070313
          Accession No: OCLC: 49509343
          Database: WorldCat

          Katherine

        • T Duran
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
            Thanks, everybody. Pastiche sold their copy last week, consarnit. I've
            also dropped a line to russianpress.com, whose website claims they have
            one. No luck with MIPP, although they *did* turn me on to the existence of
            the Georgian onomastic holy grail, Iakob Axuašvili's five volume (so far)
            _Kart'uli gvar - saxelebi Gruzinskie familii i imena_ [Georgian Family and
            First Names].

            I'll keep you posted.

            --Kazimira

          • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
              At least I'm not completely crazy thinking they had the book. Sorry
              it got sold at the war!

              Ianuk