Re: [sig] Need help from Russian book buyers

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
      For a direct Russian source, try MIPP Books:

      http://www.mippbooks.com

      It would be helpful if you had the author of the book, but you can
      try searching under "Costume" and you'll see quite a few options.

      -- Paul

    • wheezul@canby.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
        > I believe that Pastiche had that book at Estrella in their booth.
        > They are in california or oregon, I believe. I do not remember the
        > price.
        >
        > pastiche@... is the last email I have.
        >
        > Ianuk

        Is this the name and author of this book?

        Dode Z.V. 2001. Srednevekoviy kostyum narodov Severnogo Kavkaza. Moscow.
        (in Russian) (Medieval costume of the peoples of Northern Caucasus).

        Katherine
      • wheezul@canby.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
          >> I believe that Pastiche had that book at Estrella in their booth.
          >> They are in california or oregon, I believe. I do not remember the
          >> price.
          >>
          >> pastiche@... is the last email I have.
          >>
          >> Ianuk
          >
          > Is this the name and author of this book?
          >
          > Dode Z.V. 2001. Srednevekoviy kostyum narodov Severnogo Kavkaza. Moscow.
          > (in Russian) (Medieval costume of the peoples of Northern Caucasus).
          >
          > Katherine

          I've convinced myself that this really might be the book from the listing
          from Worldcat as it has the same date and publisher as the ebay listing:

          Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
          ocherki istorii /
          Z V Dode

          2001
          Russian Book 134 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 29 cm.
          Moskva : Izdatel’skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN, ; ISBN:
          5020182370 9785020182370
          Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
          Libraries worldwide that own item: 26
          Title: Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
          ocherki istorii /
          Author(s): Dode, Z. V. (Zvezdana Vladimirovna)
          Publication: Moskva : Izdatel’skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN,
          Year: 2001
          Language: Russian; Summary in English.
          Series: Kul’tura narodov Vostoka;
          Standard No: ISBN: 5020182370; 9785020182370 LCCN: 2003-439315
          SUBJECT(S)
          Descriptor: Clothing and dress -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus,
          Northern -- History.
          Ethnology -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus, Northern.
          Geographic: Caucasus, Northern (Russia) -- Social life and customs.
          Note(s): At head of title: Rossiiskaia akademiia nauk. Otdelenie istorii.
          Institut vostokovedeniia./ Includes bibliographical references and index.
          Class Descriptors: LC: GT1051.C32
          Responsibility: Z.V. Dode.
          Document Type: Book
          Entry: 20011025
          Update: 20070313
          Accession No: OCLC: 49509343
          Database: WorldCat

          Katherine
        • Leslie Lightfoot
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 27, 2008
            Pastiche is in Portland, Oregon. Here is their website address:

            http://www.abebooks.com/home/pastiche/

            >> I believe that Pastiche had that book at Estrella in their booth.
            >> They are in california or oregon, I believe. I do not remember the
            >> price.
            >>
            >> pastiche@... is the last email I have.
            >>
            >> Ianuk
            >
            > Is this the name and author of this book?
            >
            > Dode Z.V. 2001. Srednevekoviy kostyum narodov Severnogo Kavkaza. Moscow.
            > (in Russian) (Medieval costume of the peoples of Northern Caucasus).
            >
            > Katherine

            I've convinced myself that this really might be the book from the listing
            from Worldcat as it has the same date and publisher as the ebay listing:

            Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
            ocherki istorii /
            Z V Dode

            2001
            Russian Book 134 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 29 cm.
            Moskva : Izdatel'skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN, ; ISBN:
            5020182370 9785020182370
            Availability: Check the catalogs in your library.
            Libraries worldwide that own item: 26
            Title: Srednevekovyi kostium narodov Severnogo Kavkaza :
            ocherki istorii /
            Author(s): Dode, Z. V. (Zvezdana Vladimirovna)
            Publication: Moskva : Izdatel'skaia firma "Vostochnaia literatura" RAN,
            Year: 2001
            Language: Russian; Summary in English.
            Series: Kul'tura narodov Vostoka;
            Standard No: ISBN: 5020182370; 9785020182370 LCCN: 2003-439315
            SUBJECT(S)
            Descriptor: Clothing and dress -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus,
            Northern -- History.
            Ethnology -- Russia (Federation) -- Caucasus, Northern.
            Geographic: Caucasus, Northern (Russia) -- Social life and customs.
            Note(s): At head of title: Rossiiskaia akademiia nauk. Otdelenie istorii.
            Institut vostokovedeniia./ Includes bibliographical references and index.
            Class Descriptors: LC: GT1051.C32
            Responsibility: Z.V. Dode.
            Document Type: Book
            Entry: 20011025
            Update: 20070313
            Accession No: OCLC: 49509343
            Database: WorldCat

            Katherine

          • T Duran
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
              Thanks, everybody. Pastiche sold their copy last week, consarnit. I've
              also dropped a line to russianpress.com, whose website claims they have
              one. No luck with MIPP, although they *did* turn me on to the existence of
              the Georgian onomastic holy grail, Iakob Axuašvili's five volume (so far)
              _Kart'uli gvar - saxelebi Gruzinskie familii i imena_ [Georgian Family and
              First Names].

              I'll keep you posted.

              --Kazimira

            • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2008
                At least I'm not completely crazy thinking they had the book. Sorry
                it got sold at the war!

                Ianuk