Re: [sig] Facebook

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      Sure, here it is:

      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10838921781

      -- Paul

    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
        I just received the book by Leont'evs, "Istoki Medvezhiey Rusi" ("The Origins of the Bear's Russia", roughly) that was recently discussed here. The scholarship is pretty good in the chapters that I focused on, though I still find the "rus"="bear" to be a big jump for the evidence. However, the citations, quotations, and analysis of multiple sources by the authors make an argument about northern as opposed to Kievan origin of the Ros people pretty compelling. On the other hand, a chapter on the bears as entertainment seems to make a good argument for a completely Russian origin of skomorohi.

        It is not a long book, and the writing wanders and digresses occasionally into bitter criticism of modern Russian corruption, but it is interesting.
        Liudmila

        ?

      • Patti Allen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2008
          that is cool..

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 19, 2009
            O'k folks.. geez.. I am so sorry. I didn't realize what it was doing. After much reluctance I finally set up a Facebook page. Mainly because it was the easiest way for me to contact someone I am networking with for Slavic U. I have been busy doing everything I can to try to make this a great event. As for ??bleep?? on my site? Anyone who goes looking for that will be quite disappointed ,..lol. Again ,sorry for
            for any problems this may have caused.

            Lady Marija