Facebook

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      I have started exploring the wonderful world of social
      networking. I've been fooling around with a few sites but I seem to
      be settling on Facebook.

      To stake my claim, I've set up a Slavic Interest Group group on
      Facebook which you are all invited to join if you like.

      -- Paul
    • Melanie Peters-Turner
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
        Cool! Can you send a link since I've never been able to get my head around
        the searching on Facebook - totally hit and miss even when you know what you
        are looking for and that it is there...

        Emy

        On 15/02/2008, Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

        > I have started exploring the wonderful world of social
        > networking. I've been fooling around with a few sites but I seem to
        > be settling on Facebook.
        >
        > To stake my claim, I've set up a Slavic Interest Group group on
        > Facebook which you are all invited to join if you like.
        >
        > -- Paul
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Paul W Goldschmidt
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          Sure, here it is:

          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10838921781

          -- Paul

        • LiudmilaV@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
            I just received the book by Leont'evs, "Istoki Medvezhiey Rusi" ("The Origins of the Bear's Russia", roughly) that was recently discussed here. The scholarship is pretty good in the chapters that I focused on, though I still find the "rus"="bear" to be a big jump for the evidence. However, the citations, quotations, and analysis of multiple sources by the authors make an argument about northern as opposed to Kievan origin of the Ros people pretty compelling. On the other hand, a chapter on the bears as entertainment seems to make a good argument for a completely Russian origin of skomorohi.

            It is not a long book, and the writing wanders and digresses occasionally into bitter criticism of modern Russian corruption, but it is interesting.
            Liudmila

            ?

          • Patti Allen
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 16, 2008
              that is cool..

              > I have started exploring the wonderful world of social
              > networking. I've been fooling around with a few sites but
              > I seem to
              > be settling on Facebook.
              >
              > To stake my claim, I've set up a Slavic Interest Group group on
              > Facebook which you are all invited to join if you like.
              >
              > -- Paul

            • panimarijah
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 19, 2009
                O'k folks.. geez.. I am so sorry. I didn't realize what it was doing. After much reluctance I finally set up a Facebook page. Mainly because it was the easiest way for me to contact someone I am networking with for Slavic U. I have been busy doing everything I can to try to make this a great event. As for ??bleep?? on my site? Anyone who goes looking for that will be quite disappointed ,..lol. Again ,sorry for
                for any problems this may have caused.

                Lady Marija