Re: [sig] 13th century ice skates?

  • Palata Uma
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2008
      Unfortunately, the picture doesn't ring a bell, but... I'm fairly sure that
      the name of the location is misspelled; there is no "Mozahaisk" near Moscow,
      but there is a city of Mozhaisk. Or rather Mozhaysk, as the city prefers to
      spell it. I did a quick search on yandex.ru and it appears that there was a
      large excavation in Mozhaysk in 2005-2006, in its kremlin. There is a
      description of the project on the city's website, and a gallery of finds.
      http://www.mozhaysk.ru/?tp=arheolog . On the navigation bar on the left of
      the page, the red link reads "Archeology", and the four indented links under
      it are: "Map of the [kremlin] hill", "Finds", "Photoalbum" and "About the
      project". Hopefully, your skates are somewhere there among the finds! Good
      luck.

      Zabava

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2008
        Zabava,
        You are amazing! Thank-you for finding that website. It didn't seem to
        have anything about the ice skates, but it had other pretty things to
        look at. =)

        Kind regards,
        Asfridhr