Must Share

  • Marilee Humason
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 12:09 PM
      Greetings,

      Does everyone remember that post that Sofya made back
      in November? the one that had the link for the 1903
      Winter Ball book?

      Well I looked at it at the time, it was two volumes,
      one slim volume has the references, documents,
      materials and descriptions for the ball including the
      20 garments that survived in the Museum.

      The other volume has the bio's of the people in the
      costumes and the full set of 193 plates. it cost
      500.00 plus more for shipping from St.Petersburg.

      Well, I guess it pays to stay married to the same man
      for 25 years, because last night We celebrated our
      25th anniversary and he gave me the book.

      I have been having such a wonderful time reading this
      book! I have found out all sorts of things about the
      ball itself, and how the costumes came to be.

      I was so excited I needed to share with you all.

      regards,
      Baroness Anastasia

    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 12:27 PM
        So who's going to Gulf Wars? (And who's bringing the book - since they claim to be in a sharing mood?)

        ;-)

        Sofya

        Does everyone remember ... the link for the 1903
        Winter Ball book?....

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 1:50 PM
          Sorry, not going to gulf Wars this year and the
          book doesn't leave the house! But I will happily share
          excerpts if people tell me what they want to know.
          love,
          stasi