Re: Ranking, make history fun for your persona!

  • Jenna Mitelman
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
      Try "Maas" - said a bit faster than in Maastricht.
      And then follow with "tyer" - but say it much more quickly than you
      normally would, letting the 'y' essentially disappear into the speed
      of the vowel.
      Now, if you say "Maastyer" several times and fast, you'll catch it
      blending itself in your speech into a pretty decent approximation of
      the correct Russian pronounciation.

      Good luck!

      ~Aryenne

      Re: Ranking, make history fun for your persona!
      Posted by: "LiudmilaV@..." LiudmilaV@... mamainna2000
      Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:02 am (PST)

      ...so what is the slightly different pronunciation? I keep being
      tempted to say "mestr"

      "A" should be like in "car" and "e" is more of a "ye"...but I never
      heard Americans get that to come out as one sound, smoothly. Same with
      the "iu" in my name...

      Liudmila