Re: 1612 review

  • Maremeiana
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
      Hello dear gentles,

      I have seen 1612 when it became available on the .torrent cites, or
      available for download in other words. I have found a copy for download here
      - http://www.mininova.org/tor/1010657, sorry, I am not sure if it has
      english subtitles. Another way to search for movies for download is to try
      google "1612 torrent".
      I know mininova is a fairly safe site to download from, and I have gotten a
      few movies from there.

      Another source I use for russian movies is www.kinozal.tv, the site is in
      russian and requires registration.

      I love the costumes in 1612, I think $10+ mil they spent on it was quite
      worth it. I believe most of polish costumes were made in england, but all
      russian and especially "close-up" fighting costumes were made by russian
      craftsmen in russia. (Iv heard rumors that same costumes are being used in
      filming "Taras Bulba" or aka "zaporozhskaya sech" film, coming out in 2008).
      Not going to comment on the story-line, because there isnt one...lots of
      "creative historical touches" on my opition.

      All in all, I have enjoyed the film, hopefully you will as well.

      Sincerely,
      Maremeiana.