Re: 1612 review

  • Ron Roberts
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
      I know Sir Donnghal, Sir Eduard(current king of Atenveldt), Lord
      Kazimir, and I all want to see that movie.
      So please tell us how to get a copy
      have fun
      zippy (aka Zhigmun')
    • Maremeiana
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
        Hello dear gentles,

        I have seen 1612 when it became available on the .torrent cites, or
        available for download in other words. I have found a copy for download here
        - http://www.mininova.org/tor/1010657, sorry, I am not sure if it has
        english subtitles. Another way to search for movies for download is to try
        google "1612 torrent".
        I know mininova is a fairly safe site to download from, and I have gotten a
        few movies from there.

        Another source I use for russian movies is www.kinozal.tv, the site is in
        russian and requires registration.

        I love the costumes in 1612, I think $10+ mil they spent on it was quite
        worth it. I believe most of polish costumes were made in england, but all
        russian and especially "close-up" fighting costumes were made by russian
        craftsmen in russia. (Iv heard rumors that same costumes are being used in
        filming "Taras Bulba" or aka "zaporozhskaya sech" film, coming out in 2008).
        Not going to comment on the story-line, because there isnt one...lots of
        "creative historical touches" on my opition.

        All in all, I have enjoyed the film, hopefully you will as well.

        Sincerely,
        Maremeiana.