Re: [sig] 1612 review

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
      probably off the net.
      --- Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

      > So, how did you get a copy?
      >
      > -- Paul
      >
      > At 08:20 AM 1/15/2008, you wrote:
      > >I just viewed my copy last night night. It was very
      > well done and produced.
      > >There were some glaring inaccuracies (fully winged
      > hussaria, about 80 years
      > >too soon, a spaniard having a Fabris fencing manual
      > with him), but it was
      > >enjoyable for what it was - entertainment and not a
      > documentary.

      Best Regards,
      'dok
      "Some people have sacred cows and they make very tasty steaks"

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Ron Roberts
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
        I know Sir Donnghal, Sir Eduard(current king of Atenveldt), Lord
        Kazimir, and I all want to see that movie.
        So please tell us how to get a copy
        have fun
        zippy (aka Zhigmun')
      • Maremeiana
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
          Hello dear gentles,

          I have seen 1612 when it became available on the .torrent cites, or
          available for download in other words. I have found a copy for download here
          - http://www.mininova.org/tor/1010657, sorry, I am not sure if it has
          english subtitles. Another way to search for movies for download is to try
          google "1612 torrent".
          I know mininova is a fairly safe site to download from, and I have gotten a
          few movies from there.

          Another source I use for russian movies is www.kinozal.tv, the site is in
          russian and requires registration.

          I love the costumes in 1612, I think $10+ mil they spent on it was quite
          worth it. I believe most of polish costumes were made in england, but all
          russian and especially "close-up" fighting costumes were made by russian
          craftsmen in russia. (Iv heard rumors that same costumes are being used in
          filming "Taras Bulba" or aka "zaporozhskaya sech" film, coming out in 2008).
          Not going to comment on the story-line, because there isnt one...lots of
          "creative historical touches" on my opition.

          All in all, I have enjoyed the film, hopefully you will as well.

          Sincerely,
          Maremeiana.