Re: [sig] Note to self, avoid Muscovite women.

  • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
      While baths, including steam baths, were known and used all over Europe,
      by the 1600s physicians began to warn very seriously against the dangerous
      opening of the pores that washing with water, and particularly steam,
      could cause. Bathing in Western Europe fell off in the late 1500s and well
      into the 1600s, so at one point wiping the body with clean linen and
      changing one's underlinen was apparently considered more healthful than
      bathing.

      -- Jadwiga, still fiddling with her document on bathing.

      --
      -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
      jenne@...