Re: SIG U - What kept you?

  • Judwiga
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 11, 2007
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, <goldschp@...> wrote:

      > A little challenge, but the intent is friendly:
      >
      > There are a number of people who have posted to SIG-L that they
      wish they had been able to come. I'm deeply interested in seeing
      SIG U become a regular event. Maybe annual. Maybe rotating around
      the Known World. So, I'm wondering (if you didn't come) what were
      the factors that prevented you from coming:

      > 1) Was it a financial issue (you couldn't afford the cost)?
      Main one. I live in Caid. Plane + car...and the meals and
      hotels...sigh..
      > 2) Was it a time issue (too far to travel and no time in which to
      do it)?
      My main time is taken up by Estrella every year.
      > 3) Too much trouble (cost/time/effort) to go through for a one
      day event? If so, how close would the event need to be to not be
      too much?
      Again, # 1 is main, but I would if I could. 2 days would be better,
      but I suspect I would be staying up all night talking to everyone!!
      > 4) Are there other factors altogether that would affect your
      ability to come?
      Those are about it!!

      > I'm also curious whether a different locale and/or a different
      time of year might influence people.

      > BTW, I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty. There were plenty
      of good/legit reasons to not make it, but I'm hoping that we can
      make it easier for folks in the future.

      > Thanks,
      > Paul
      Paul, First of all. AWESOME THING TO DO!!!! I do wish I could have
      been there, a place where I could wear ALL my warm shubas and
      jackets!!LOL And hats, of course!!
      If you did one on the west coast, a lot of people couldnt come
      either, so either way its going to be hard.
      Thanks for the photos, all, and the class notes!!
      Judwiga

    • Art Plazewski
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 8, 2008
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski"
        <panzygmunt@...> wrote:

        > <<Now, if people are interested in having a Slavic track of
        classes and
        > gatherings at Pennsic, that would be great. Of course we'd have to
        find
        > someone willing to organize such a thing... (*psst* Sfandra???)
        >
        > --
        > -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa>>
        > See, I thought about adding a track to some major war. But then
        you will run
        > into the issues of people wanting to do/doing more than one thing
        since it's
        > such a large war.
        >
        > I guess it can still be done; however you will still get people
        who won't
        > come because it conflicts with dancing/another
        > class/strippers*/fighting/shopping/partying/etc.
        >
        > * added this just to see if people were paying attention. ;)
        > --
        > Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        > "Most people live their lives as if they had another one in the
        bank" - Ben
        > Irwin
        > "I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get
        > elected."
        > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master Mordok
        Rostovskogo
        > SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org

        strippers always spark my attention...
        art