SIG U - What kept you?

  • goldschp@tds.net
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 10, 2007
      A little challenge, but the intent is friendly:

      There are a number of people who have posted to SIG-L that they wish they had been able to come. I'm deeply interested in seeing SIG U become a regular event. Maybe annual. Maybe rotating around the Known World. So, I'm wondering (if you didn't come) what were the factors that prevented you from coming:

      1) Was it a financial issue (you couldn't afford the cost)?
      2) Was it a time issue (too far to travel and no time in which to do it)?
      3) Too much trouble (cost/time/effort) to go through for a one day event? If so, how close would the event need to be to not be too much?
      4) Are there other factors altogether that would affect your ability to come?

      I'm also curious whether a different locale and/or a different time of year might influence people.

      BTW, I'm not trying to make anyone feel guilty. There were plenty of good/legit reasons to not make it, but I'm hoping that we can make it easier for folks in the future.

      Thanks,
      Paul
    • Art Plazewski
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 8, 2008
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski"
        <panzygmunt@...> wrote:

        > <<Now, if people are interested in having a Slavic track of
        classes and
        > gatherings at Pennsic, that would be great. Of course we'd have to
        find
        > someone willing to organize such a thing... (*psst* Sfandra???)
        >
        > --
        > -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa>>
        > See, I thought about adding a track to some major war. But then
        you will run
        > into the issues of people wanting to do/doing more than one thing
        since it's
        > such a large war.
        >
        > I guess it can still be done; however you will still get people
        who won't
        > come because it conflicts with dancing/another
        > class/strippers*/fighting/shopping/partying/etc.
        >
        > * added this just to see if people were paying attention. ;)
        > --
        > Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        > "Most people live their lives as if they had another one in the
        bank" - Ben
        > Irwin
        > "I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get
        > elected."
        > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master Mordok
        Rostovskogo
        > SCA Polish Culture Resource: http://www.plcommonwealth.org

        strippers always spark my attention...
        art