Re: [sig] new member, questions

  • Suz Walsh
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hello!
      I'm also new to this group, although I've been in the SCA for a few years.
      I'm kinda interested in an odd period, namely traders from Eastern Europe in Constantinople before the 4th Crusade.
      I'd especially like some help with naming, if possible, mostly I want to make sure my name is kosher, especially because naming practices are different in that part of the world and this being Atlantia, we're overrun with 14th c. French and Viking knowledge. So resource help, especially web-wise would be helpful. Thanks!
      Suzannne / Sofia

    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
        You might want to check out my research site at http://scholar76.tripod.com/castle2/

        Isabelle de Foix
        Kingdom of Meridies

        Support your friendly local autistics....I'm one of them

        I'm also new to this group, although I've been in the SCA for a few years.
        I'm kinda interested in an odd period, namely traders from Eastern Europe in Constantinople before the 4th Crusade.
        I'd especially like some help with naming, if possible, mostly I want to make sure my name is kosher, especially because naming practices are different in that part of the world and this being Atlantia, we're overrun with 14th c. French and Viking knowledge. So resource help, especially web-wise would be helpful. Thanks!
        Suzannne / Sofia

        http://www.yahoo com/r/hs

      • L.M. Kies
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
          There were lots of different "Eastern Europeans" in Constantinople before the 4th Crusade - Bulgars, Romanians, Rus, etc. etc. The different Slavic peoples had different naming practices. And many "Eastern Europeans" are not even Slavic. You'll need to narrow down your focus a bit before you can get very far into the details of naming, etc.

          Sofya

          Yahoo! Groups Links