Baltic Knowledge Pages Gone!

  • Patoodle@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
      I don't know whether anyone else noticed, but the Baltic Knowledge Pages, as listed on our SIG site (at http://slavic.freeservers.com/knowledge.html), seem to be totally gone.

      I get a "404" for http://www.499angels.net/baltic/index.html and when I go to the home page for 499angels.net, it seems to have been taken over by "DJ Storm."

      Rather than just marking it "Not Available" (like the Georgia, Romania and Transylvania Knowledge Pages), I would like to propose that we start a Baltic version of the Russian Wikipages. That way, multiple members of SIG could be able to edit it and update it as necessary (and I would hope that the wikipages site won't go away).

      I personally have >100 bookmarks of Web sites relating mostly to Lithuania, and I wouldn't mind sharing them in an organized fashion.

      Now, I know there is another Polish page linked from the Russian Wikipages, and then there is PLCommonwealth.org. But I would like to see more of the other Baltic countries represented. Besides, even though I can't afford to get to SLUM, I'd eventually like to teach a class, somewhere, somehow, on medieval Lithuania.

      Thoughts? Anyone? Is it pretty easy to set up an account with wikipages?

      Thank you in advance!

      In service,
      Lady Patricia of Trakai
      in northern Atlantia

    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
        Patricia, greetings from Sofya!

        >Rather than just marking it "Not Available" (like the Georgia, Romania and Transylvania Knowledge Pages), I would like to >propose that we start a Baltic version of the Russian Wikipages...
        >
        >Thoughts? Anyone? Is it pretty easy to set up an account with wikipages?

        It's pretty easy to set up a wikipage at wikispaces since it has a "visual editor". I haven't tried anywhere else.

        Sofya

      • quokkaqueen
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
          I know it vanished, and I'm working on it.
          I'm currently trying to upload it to http://www.medieval-baltic.us

          But if someone else wants to take over the pages I'm more than happy
          for them to. :)

          ~Asfridhr