Rosie's Device Submission

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2007
      Rosie wrote:
      > Can someone more knowlegable than I explain why there is a problem
      > here? My rejected device is:
      > Vert. On a fess argent a lekawica purpure.
      > (A lekawica looks like two books done in a line drawing stuck
      > together like a concertina. I found it here:
      > http://www.szlachta.org/heraldry.htm)

      Everyone else wrote about the conflicts and why they are a conflict with the
      submitted device.

      Here's my suggestions for a resubmission -

      Argent, a lekawica purpure and a chief vert.

      Here's what this does - you no longer have a white stripe on a green field,
      you now have a white field with the purple lekawica and a green stripe
      across the top of the device (should be about 1/4 to 1/3 the height of the
      field).

      It keeps all of the elements of your original submission except the stripe
      and all of the colors. It also simplifies the armory and puts the lekawica
      as the primary charge rather than a tertiary.

      The reason this 'simplifies' your device is because you no longer have an
      object (the lekawica) on another object (the fess). It also makes the
      lekawica bigger and eliminates one of the patches of color - both good
      things when you are drawing, sewing or painting your device. If you want
      something a bit fancier but still simple, you could change the line of
      division on the chief to indented to mimic the edge of the lekawica (looks
      like a zig zag).

      I did a quick conflict check and this seems clear. YMMV

      Good luck... terrific charge for a Polish device!

      Su of the Silver Horn, Caid
      Dolphin Herald, Deputy Principal and Submissions Herald
    • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2007
        > Everyone else wrote about the conflicts and why they are a conflict
        with the
        > submitted device.
        >
        > Here's my suggestions for a resubmission -
        >
        > Argent, a lekawica purpure and a chief vert.

        Thankyou, I may have to take your advice; but *groan* I'd have to
        colour in all those submission forms all over again!
        :)
        Rosie