Re: [sig] Re: Persona Development

  • LiudmilaV@aol.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
      As a modern Russian speaker, I am inclined to Vee-TA-shah (Russian syllable break down). I have to say, though, that the whole thing seems unlikely to me as an actual woman's name. However, I am mostly familiar with late period records and texts, where the names changed. I can't really advise on 11th c.

      I do admire the quest for realistic name here, it almost makes me want to change mine (in recent years I became convinced that Liudmila was never an actual Russian woman's name until 19th century, though it could be a Bohemian one). I am, however, too attached to it to change it...I wanted that name when I was a child in Ukraine :)

      Liudmila

      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007