Yahoogroups question [was Re: Persona Development]

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 4, 2007
      Draga Kazimira,

      What country are you in mundanely? For my Yahoo account in the U.S., all I had to give
      them was my name and zip code... and I used my SCA name 'cause how are they gonna'
      know, anyway?? ;-) And I didn't need to sign up for Yahoo e-mail -- I opted for sending
      group messages to my regular e-mail account (where I have the spam filter set super high
      and my real name does not display). It was pretty simple and I can choose to log in to
      Yahoogroups when I want to look at the Photos section or whatever.

      So... how are other folks using this as "an old-style mailing list"? I didn't know you could
      do that!

      Susanna de l'Essart
      (occasionally known as Adriana Marina del'Arbe when in Dalmatian/Croatian persona)

    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
        As a modern Russian speaker, I am inclined to Vee-TA-shah (Russian syllable break down). I have to say, though, that the whole thing seems unlikely to me as an actual woman's name. However, I am mostly familiar with late period records and texts, where the names changed. I can't really advise on 11th c.

        I do admire the quest for realistic name here, it almost makes me want to change mine (in recent years I became convinced that Liudmila was never an actual Russian woman's name until 19th century, though it could be a Bohemian one). I am, however, too attached to it to change it...I wanted that name when I was a child in Ukraine :)

        Liudmila