Re: [sig] New class added to Slavic U!

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Exellent! I wonder if he would want to drive up
      togethor? Not sure this is Laura's cup o' tea...
      I'm sending a telegraphic transfer tomorrow for the
      chinchain! This friggin thing is getting made no
      matter what!
      --- Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski <panzygmunt@...>
      wrote:

      > Check it out -
      > http://www.midrealm.org/talonvale/sigslum.html
      >
      > --
      > Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      > "Most people live their lives as if they had another
      > one in the bank" - Ben
      > Irwin
      > "Giving Governments more money is like giving
      > whiskey and car keys to
      > teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke
      > Servant of His Grace Sir Dag Thorgrimsson and Master
      > Mordok Rostovskogo
      > SCA Polish Culture Resource:
      > http://www.plcommonwealth.org

      > removed]

      Best Regards,
      'dok
      "Some people have sacred cows and they make very tasty steaks"

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
        FYI. I got this same email from a couple of the law
        enforcement servers I'm on through the office and a
        friend on the Homeand Security server called me about
        this scam the other day so its pretty credible.
        'dok

        From the Tinley Park Police Department,
        Jury Duty Scam DO NOT DELETE WITHOUT READING ! It's
        short !
        This has been verified by the FBI (their link is also
        included below). Please
        pass this on to everyone in your email address book.
        It is spreading fast so be
        prepared should you get this call. Most of us take
        those summonses for jury duty
        seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic
        duty, that a new and
        ominous kind of fraud has surfaced.

        The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you
        protest that you never
        received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you
        for your Social Security
        number and date of birth so he or she can verify the
        information and cancel the
        arrest warrant. Give out any of this information and
        bingo; your identity was
        just stolen.

        The fraud has been reported so far in 11 states,
        including Oklahoma , Illinois ,
        and Colorado . This (swindle) is particularly
        insidious because they use
        intimidation over the phone to try to bully people
        into giving information by
        pretending they are with the court system. The FBI and
        the federal court system
        have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites,
        warning consumers about the
        fraud.

        Check it out here:
        http://www.fbi.gov/page2/june06/jury_scams060206.htm
        Also: http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp
        which states, again, that
        the threat is real.

        Best Regards,
        'dok
        "Some people have sacred cows and they make very tasty steaks"

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • kevin purtrell