RE: [sig] Persona Development

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 24, 2007
      Amy, greetings from Sofya.

      There's nothing boring about Russian!

      There is so much information available to you, it's hard to know where to start. Well, no it isn't. You start with the Russian Knowledge Pages:

      http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/

      Good luck!

      Sofya

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
        As a modern Russian speaker, I am inclined to Vee-TA-shah (Russian syllable break down). I have to say, though, that the whole thing seems unlikely to me as an actual woman's name. However, I am mostly familiar with late period records and texts, where the names changed. I can't really advise on 11th c.

        I do admire the quest for realistic name here, it almost makes me want to change mine (in recent years I became convinced that Liudmila was never an actual Russian woman's name until 19th century, though it could be a Bohemian one). I am, however, too attached to it to change it...I wanted that name when I was a child in Ukraine :)

        Liudmila