Persona Development

  • smolotova
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 23, 2007
      I moved out of Caid and took a 5 year "leave of absence" from the SCA,
      and am now back and interested in developing my persona.

      Basically, I am Russian. That's it. Boring, eh?

      My husband is also Russian and wants to develop his persona. He likes
      the Viking influence, but also loves the Russian coats.

      Any suggestions on books, websites, etc to start with?

      --Amy
    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 6, 2007
        As a modern Russian speaker, I am inclined to Vee-TA-shah (Russian syllable break down). I have to say, though, that the whole thing seems unlikely to me as an actual woman's name. However, I am mostly familiar with late period records and texts, where the names changed. I can't really advise on 11th c.

        I do admire the quest for realistic name here, it almost makes me want to change mine (in recent years I became convinced that Liudmila was never an actual Russian woman's name until 19th century, though it could be a Bohemian one). I am, however, too attached to it to change it...I wanted that name when I was a child in Ukraine :)

        Liudmila