RE: [sig] hand held lantern and hanging lamp

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2007
      How about something like this Paul Revere Lantern? It's obviously post-period, but similar lamps are period. The difference is in the details of decoration. See the next link - the merchant doesn't give a date for it, but it's a "period" merchant website.

      http://www.smoke-fire.com/lanterns-and-tinware-1.asp
      http://www.armabohemia.cz/imgnew/vvb/broutilles/lucerna_v.jpg from
      http://www.armabohemia.cz/Novestr/campA.htm

      My understanding is the the "windows" were usually in the door, and could be horn, mica or glass.

      There's some glassware on this page similar to your "hanging lamp"
      http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/snotravanta/Accessories/Norsewidgets.htm

      Sofya

      to the Pani Magdalena folder. I'm really interested in the black and
      white hand held lantern. Does anyone have a better picture of something
      similar?

      And also, I would like more information/direction on where to find a
      better example of this lamp. Does it look like anything you've seen?

      Magdalena

      Yahoo! Groups Links