Re: [sig] Re: Rus/Slavic/Eastern tents?

  • Katarzyna Kraszewska
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2007
      http://www.tentorium.pl/main.php?lg=en
      Hear you have an iconography for all tents that you want.

      best,
      Hazine

      quokkaqueen <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:
      An other tent, which has parallels with Saami (Laplander) cone-tents,
      might be the 'Chum' used by the Nenet tribes.
      http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibits/changing/journey/objects/094watercolor.html

      There's more information about the Saami 'Lavvu' here:
      http://www.kolumbus.fi/bjorn.corander/tents.htm
      and the earliest image I've found of one (1674):
      http://lavvu.com/history.htm

      There seems to be archaeology and written descriptions of them before
      1600 though.

      Hope this helps,
      Asfridhr