Re: Tent Question was Re: [sig] question

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2007
      --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:
      > Just to add to your torture:
      >
      > "And the merchants of Constantinople advised me to
      > take carts, and that I should buy the regular
      > covered carts such as the Ruthenians [Russians]
      > carry their furs in..." -William of Rubruck's
      > Account of the Mongols.
      >
      > If you have a hitch on your vehicle, a medieval
      > covered wagon is a nice, dry camping choice.
      >
      > Sofya

      Ah, yes, but I don't have a hitch. I have a VW Passat
      stationwagon (which hates me, and I hate it,
      fortunately it's officially my fiancee's car, not
      mine. I have a sensible reliable Toyota).

      Actually, the real problem is that I live in a 3rd
      floor apartment in a complex with assigned limited
      parking. So my only option is to Buy, and even if I
      had a hitch, I don't have anywhere to store a trailer,
      alas. not that I wouldn't LOVE one; I got to peek in
      a couple of fantastic vardo at Great Northeastern War
      this past summer, they're awesome.

      --Sfandra

      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      Never 'pearl' your butt.

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/