Re: [sig] Re: So, The Slavic University needs your talent and classes!

  • Liudmila V
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9, 2007
      In a message dated 09/09/07 17:15:29 Pacific Daylight Time, Rosie_0801@... writes:
      What classes? How? I will learn anything anyone is willing to teach me!

      I would need to work out how, but I do have some online teaching experience with my mundane job. What? Pearl embroidery and/or Russian women's headwear, probably. What I was thinking of was perhaps an embroidery class, where I would walk students through a project and they would post photos of their work as it goes on and ask for advise.
      Liudmila
      www.sca-russian.com

    • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 10, 2007
        >What? Pearl embroidery and/or Russian women's headwear, probably. What
        I was thinking of was perhaps an embroidery class, where I would walk
        students through a project and they would post photos of their work as
        it goes on and ask for advise.

        Cool! I've never tried pearl embroidery and Russian women's headwear
        would be really really cool, providing I could find out what outfit
        goes with it!
        :)
        Rosie
        The middle of nowhere being Central Victoria, Au; with only 4 other
        SCAers (2 being newbies and the other 2 my relatives.)
      • L.M. Kies
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 10, 2007
          You're Russian? Excellent. *rubs hands*

          There is a lot of information on-line about Russian garb (including Liudmila's pearl embroidery technique). And there are lots of people here who can answer questions if there's something you don't understand.

          Have you been to the SIG Russian Knowledge Pages yet?
          What period are you?

          Sofya

        • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 10, 2007
            <<I would need to work out how, but I do have some online teaching
            experience with my mundane job. What? Pearl embroidery and/or Russian
            women's headwear, probably. What I was thinking of was perhaps an embroidery
            class, where I would walk students through a project and they would post
            photos of their work as it goes on and ask for advise.
            Liudmila
            www.sca-russian.com>>

            Liudmila,

            This is a great idea. In fact, once I get back up to speed, I can link to
            your site from mine (http://www.plcommonwealth.org), and I can put a blurb
            up on my site advetising this new online teaching method. That's a great
            help!

            I wanted to mention that I am looking for people to teach *at* the Slavic U.
            Are you planning on coming? Because your claass would be a great addition.

            From the co-autocrat of the Slavic U. :)
            --
            Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
            "Most people live their lives as if they had another one in the bank" - Ben

          • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 11, 2007
              > You're Russian? Excellent. *rubs hands*
              >
              > Have you been to the SIG Russian Knowledge Pages yet?
              > What period are you?
              >
              > Sofya

              Um. Not Russian. I'm in the process getting my 15th century Polish name
              passed. I just think the Russian stuff looks funky. They seem to have
              better headwear than anyone else.
              Rosie
              *sheepishly admitting she has an over large store of curiousity and
              enthusiasm*
            • L.M. Kies
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 11, 2007

                *laugh*

                Fair enough. "Nawojka" didn't look Russian, but you were so interested, I looked it up and "Nawoj" is listed in Wickenden's Dictionary of Russian Names so I thought you might be Russian after all.

                The easy answer for you, if you want an outfit to go with a fancy Russian hat, is to make an easy Russian letnik. It is my understanding that it is completely different than the Polish letnik, but Magdalena is the real expert on that question.

                Here's what I know:
                http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC3.html

                And here's what I did with it (about 1/3 down the page):
                http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/wardrobe.html

                Be careful, though. I originally intended to have just one Russian outfit, too. ;-)

                Sofya

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 12, 2007
                  --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

                  > Be careful, though. I originally intended to have
                  > just one Russian outfit, too. ;-)
                  >
                  > Sofya

                  ROTFL! That's what they all say....

                  --Sfandra
                  --who's influenced 4 people to go Russian to date.....

                  ******************
                  Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
                  Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  Kingdom of the East
                  ******************
                  Never 'pearl' your butt.

                  Need a vacation? Get great deals
                  to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                  http://travel.yahoo.com/
                • magdalenag56
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 12, 2007
                    Thank you for the compliment Sofya.

                    Nawojka, I will pull pictures of some of my favorite items and send
                    them to you. I agree that our Russian "sisters" have some amazing
                    headresses but Polish women throughout history also used pearls
                    especially in decorating their clothing.

                    One of the first clothing items I just had to have was a late period
                    hat, trimmed in fur and feathers and now I have it. Have you read Pan
                    Zygmunt's information on clothing? I have never told them but Pan
                    Zygmunt and Sofya were two of my first "resources" and I almost went
                    Russian.

                    If you email me privately I can send you those pictures.

                    Magdalena
                  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 13, 2007
                      > If you email me privately I can send you those pictures.
                      > Magdalena

                      Please!!
                      It's destiny. I'm meant to have that fur hat you
                      mentioned. A friend is running an event next month and
                      there's a competition for a fur item. I really want to
                      support her event and have been agonising over my
                      entry! Can I use black fur? Because that's what I've
                      got.
                      Rosie/Nawojka
                      Lochac
                      P.S Couldn't email you, it kept bouncing.