Re: So, The Slavic University needs your talent and classes!

  • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 9, 2007
      > and by the way -- thank you for congratulations. Until we have the
      Slavic University over in our end of the known world, I can only offer
      online classes.I wonder if anyone would care to do that...

      What classes? How? I will learn anything anyone is willing to teach me!
      Rosie-in the middle of nowhere
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 9, 2007
        Middle of nowhere?

        There are quite a few of us who live there. Almost all of the Kingdom of Calontir, for example. ;-)

        Sofya

      • Liudmila V
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 9, 2007
          In a message dated 09/09/07 17:15:29 Pacific Daylight Time, Rosie_0801@... writes:
          What classes? How? I will learn anything anyone is willing to teach me!

          I would need to work out how, but I do have some online teaching experience with my mundane job. What? Pearl embroidery and/or Russian women's headwear, probably. What I was thinking of was perhaps an embroidery class, where I would walk students through a project and they would post photos of their work as it goes on and ask for advise.
          Liudmila
          www.sca-russian.com

        • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 10, 2007
            >What? Pearl embroidery and/or Russian women's headwear, probably. What
            I was thinking of was perhaps an embroidery class, where I would walk
            students through a project and they would post photos of their work as
            it goes on and ask for advise.

            Cool! I've never tried pearl embroidery and Russian women's headwear
            would be really really cool, providing I could find out what outfit
            goes with it!
            :)
            Rosie
            The middle of nowhere being Central Victoria, Au; with only 4 other
            SCAers (2 being newbies and the other 2 my relatives.)
          • L.M. Kies
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 10, 2007
              You're Russian? Excellent. *rubs hands*

              There is a lot of information on-line about Russian garb (including Liudmila's pearl embroidery technique). And there are lots of people here who can answer questions if there's something you don't understand.

              Have you been to the SIG Russian Knowledge Pages yet?
              What period are you?

              Sofya

            • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 10, 2007
                <<I would need to work out how, but I do have some online teaching
                experience with my mundane job. What? Pearl embroidery and/or Russian
                women's headwear, probably. What I was thinking of was perhaps an embroidery
                class, where I would walk students through a project and they would post
                photos of their work as it goes on and ask for advise.
                Liudmila
                www.sca-russian.com>>

                Liudmila,

                This is a great idea. In fact, once I get back up to speed, I can link to
                your site from mine (http://www.plcommonwealth.org), and I can put a blurb
                up on my site advetising this new online teaching method. That's a great
                help!

                I wanted to mention that I am looking for people to teach *at* the Slavic U.
                Are you planning on coming? Because your claass would be a great addition.

                From the co-autocrat of the Slavic U. :)
                --
                Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                "Most people live their lives as if they had another one in the bank" - Ben

              • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 11, 2007
                  > You're Russian? Excellent. *rubs hands*
                  >
                  > Have you been to the SIG Russian Knowledge Pages yet?
                  > What period are you?
                  >
                  > Sofya

                  Um. Not Russian. I'm in the process getting my 15th century Polish name
                  passed. I just think the Russian stuff looks funky. They seem to have
                  better headwear than anyone else.
                  Rosie
                  *sheepishly admitting she has an over large store of curiousity and
                  enthusiasm*
                • L.M. Kies
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 11, 2007

                    *laugh*

                    Fair enough. "Nawojka" didn't look Russian, but you were so interested, I looked it up and "Nawoj" is listed in Wickenden's Dictionary of Russian Names so I thought you might be Russian after all.

                    The easy answer for you, if you want an outfit to go with a fancy Russian hat, is to make an easy Russian letnik. It is my understanding that it is completely different than the Polish letnik, but Magdalena is the real expert on that question.

                    Here's what I know:
                    http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KWC3.html

                    And here's what I did with it (about 1/3 down the page):
                    http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/wardrobe.html

                    Be careful, though. I originally intended to have just one Russian outfit, too. ;-)

                    Sofya

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 12, 2007
                      --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

                      > Be careful, though. I originally intended to have
                      > just one Russian outfit, too. ;-)
                      >
                      > Sofya

                      ROTFL! That's what they all say....

                      --Sfandra
                      --who's influenced 4 people to go Russian to date.....

                      ******************
                      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
                      Haus Von Drakenklaue
                      Kingdom of the East
                      ******************
                      Never 'pearl' your butt.

                      Need a vacation? Get great deals
                      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                      http://travel.yahoo.com/
                    • magdalenag56
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 12, 2007
                        Thank you for the compliment Sofya.

                        Nawojka, I will pull pictures of some of my favorite items and send
                        them to you. I agree that our Russian "sisters" have some amazing
                        headresses but Polish women throughout history also used pearls
                        especially in decorating their clothing.

                        One of the first clothing items I just had to have was a late period
                        hat, trimmed in fur and feathers and now I have it. Have you read Pan
                        Zygmunt's information on clothing? I have never told them but Pan
                        Zygmunt and Sofya were two of my first "resources" and I almost went
                        Russian.

                        If you email me privately I can send you those pictures.

                        Magdalena
                      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 13, 2007
                          > If you email me privately I can send you those pictures.
                          > Magdalena

                          Please!!
                          It's destiny. I'm meant to have that fur hat you
                          mentioned. A friend is running an event next month and
                          there's a competition for a fur item. I really want to
                          support her event and have been agonising over my
                          entry! Can I use black fur? Because that's what I've
                          got.
                          Rosie/Nawojka
                          Lochac
                          P.S Couldn't email you, it kept bouncing.