Re: Delightful news

  • boiarynia
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
      I am quite happy that Mistress Soraya is so happy. Well, actually I am
      quite happy myself -- I was not really expecting it, since she was in
      my house for two days prior to the event, and there was no hint of
      anything happening. I though it would at least take a few more years
      of being active again before I would even get noticed. So there I was,
      sitting at a collegium table, having a conversation, when the queen
      came over to ask me about my hat. Since the hat was done with quite a
      few shortcuts compared to what I usually do, I got embraced and
      started explaining it...and then I saw a highly suspicious looking
      Soraya and a bunch of laurels behind her. I am not sure I was quite
      coherent answering the questions, but it was all very happy. Now I
      have to research Russian state occasions and vigil equivalents...And
      make a new, no shortcuts hat, and voshvy for a letnik... Does anyone
      here have successful letnik voshvy pictures to look at? At least I
      have more competent people than me sewing it (thank you, Su and Brianna!)

      Liudmila, still getting over it.

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Soraya Newell" <sarayya@...> wrote:

      > I have the great pride and pleasure to report that Liudmila
      > Vladimirova doch has been invited to join the Order of the Laurel in
      > Caid! Her primary area was 'Russian Studies', with a secondary in
      > Bardic Arts. (She tells great Russian folk tales and byliny.)
      >
      > Liudmila was my apprentice for seven years, and was given her
      > Journeyman's papers by me this spring, at a little private ceremony
      > with a few Laurels who live near her (in San Diego - I live in L.A.)
      > who volunteered to be her 'Laurel aunts and uncle'. She has far
      > exceeded everything I asked her to accomplish, and clearly knows a lot
      > more than I do now, as she can read the Russian books I have collected
      > over the years, while I learned what I know from carefully studying
      > the pictures.
      >
      > Liudmila will be elevated to the Order on November 10th, at
      > Coronation. As I hope you can tell from this message, I am a proud
      > "Mama" and I'm jumping for joy! Hooray for Liudmila!
      >
      > Soraya Evodia, O.L. (Russian and Jewish Studies, research/Russian
      costume)
      > Angels, Caid

    • Sasha
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
        Congratulations! Sounds like it is very well deserved. ;-)

        Baron Soshka Gregor'evich Vilanov (known as Sasha)
        Kingdom of Trimaris

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2007
          Welcome to the Order, Sister. You are officially
          "No.6" in the Known World, which is only appropriate
          seeing that Soraya is "No.1".

          I've been No.5 since 9-17-99 and am most ecstatic to
          hand over the Newest Russian Laurel "title" to a new
          recipient!!!!!

          That means you buy the beer....
          Hugz,
          'dok

          Got a little couch potato?
        • L.M. Kies
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2007
            Congratulations, Liudmila!

            You may have been surprised, but I'm not surprised a bit. :-)

            Sofya

          • Judwiga Czarna Pika
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 5, 2007
              WOW!!! Awesome, Ludmillia!! Congrats!! Now I have to go to Coronation...LOL
              Judwiga