Delightful news

  • Soraya Newell
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
      I have the great pride and pleasure to report that Liudmila
      Vladimirova doch has been invited to join the Order of the Laurel in
      Caid! Her primary area was 'Russian Studies', with a secondary in
      Bardic Arts. (She tells great Russian folk tales and byliny.)

      Liudmila was my apprentice for seven years, and was given her
      Journeyman's papers by me this spring, at a little private ceremony
      with a few Laurels who live near her (in San Diego - I live in L.A.)
      who volunteered to be her 'Laurel aunts and uncle'. She has far
      exceeded everything I asked her to accomplish, and clearly knows a lot
      more than I do now, as she can read the Russian books I have collected
      over the years, while I learned what I know from carefully studying
      the pictures.

      Liudmila will be elevated to the Order on November 10th, at
      Coronation. As I hope you can tell from this message, I am a proud
      "Mama" and I'm jumping for joy! Hooray for Liudmila!

      Soraya Evodia, O.L. (Russian and Jewish Studies, research/Russian costume)
      Angels, Caid
    • boiarynia
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
        I am quite happy that Mistress Soraya is so happy. Well, actually I am
        quite happy myself -- I was not really expecting it, since she was in
        my house for two days prior to the event, and there was no hint of
        anything happening. I though it would at least take a few more years
        of being active again before I would even get noticed. So there I was,
        sitting at a collegium table, having a conversation, when the queen
        came over to ask me about my hat. Since the hat was done with quite a
        few shortcuts compared to what I usually do, I got embraced and
        started explaining it...and then I saw a highly suspicious looking
        Soraya and a bunch of laurels behind her. I am not sure I was quite
        coherent answering the questions, but it was all very happy. Now I
        have to research Russian state occasions and vigil equivalents...And
        make a new, no shortcuts hat, and voshvy for a letnik... Does anyone
        here have successful letnik voshvy pictures to look at? At least I
        have more competent people than me sewing it (thank you, Su and Brianna!)

        Liudmila, still getting over it.

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Soraya Newell" <sarayya@...> wrote:

        > I have the great pride and pleasure to report that Liudmila
        > Vladimirova doch has been invited to join the Order of the Laurel in
        > Caid! Her primary area was 'Russian Studies', with a secondary in
        > Bardic Arts. (She tells great Russian folk tales and byliny.)
        >
        > Liudmila was my apprentice for seven years, and was given her
        > Journeyman's papers by me this spring, at a little private ceremony
        > with a few Laurels who live near her (in San Diego - I live in L.A.)
        > who volunteered to be her 'Laurel aunts and uncle'. She has far
        > exceeded everything I asked her to accomplish, and clearly knows a lot
        > more than I do now, as she can read the Russian books I have collected
        > over the years, while I learned what I know from carefully studying
        > the pictures.
        >
        > Liudmila will be elevated to the Order on November 10th, at
        > Coronation. As I hope you can tell from this message, I am a proud
        > "Mama" and I'm jumping for joy! Hooray for Liudmila!
        >
        > Soraya Evodia, O.L. (Russian and Jewish Studies, research/Russian
        costume)
        > Angels, Caid

      • Sasha
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2007
          Congratulations! Sounds like it is very well deserved. ;-)

          Baron Soshka Gregor'evich Vilanov (known as Sasha)
          Kingdom of Trimaris

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2007
            Welcome to the Order, Sister. You are officially
            "No.6" in the Known World, which is only appropriate
            seeing that Soraya is "No.1".

            I've been No.5 since 9-17-99 and am most ecstatic to
            hand over the Newest Russian Laurel "title" to a new
            recipient!!!!!

            That means you buy the beer....
            Hugz,
            'dok

            Got a little couch potato?
          • L.M. Kies
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2007
              Congratulations, Liudmila!

              You may have been surprised, but I'm not surprised a bit. :-)

              Sofya

            • Judwiga Czarna Pika
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2007
                WOW!!! Awesome, Ludmillia!! Congrats!! Now I have to go to Coronation...LOL
                Judwiga