Re: [sig] Re: embroidered icons

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 19 6:57 AM
      There was also a very nice article about embroidered icons in Slovo
      (#40-42) for those who missed it:

      http://www.goldschp.net/SIG/slovo/news40.html

      -- Paul

      At 07:00 AM 8/19/2007, you wrote:
      >Thank you good Sir. Yes I am familiar with the vestments. I have wanted
      >to do an embroidered icon since seeing them in the Novgorod exhibit in
      >Baltimore. I'm going to a rock and gem show today and will be looking
      >for pearls as well as other gems.
      >
      >YIS
      >Magdalena
    • Shannon Anderson
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 24, 2008
        In AS 3, Wed Aug 6th at 10am.

        I'm sorry I won't be there to, as promised, jump up and down if you bring a period dish/drink to share. But I will jump up and down when I hear of your generous contribution!

        I will miss you guys...

        Margarita

      • Marilee Humason
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 11, 2008
          I can't get onto the ubrus pdf's I can get on the website itself but when I click on the individual items and try to get the articles it just wont come up.
          is there anything I can do, or did anyone copy the articles and can send them to me? I wanted the one about old embroidery with instructions and diagrams and the like.
          thanks,

          There is a fine line between sharing dreams and enabling illusion.

          Shadenfroid: the pathetic joy you shamelessly get from the misery of others.

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 12, 2008
            Greetings from Sofya!

            I'm having trouble getting into the articles also. I did manage to save a copy of the Pre-Mongol Embroidery article and I have just put it on my webpage.

            http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/Garb/katasonova.pdf

            At your service,

            Sofya

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 13, 2008
              Thanks so much!! I appreciate at least having that one!!
              regards,