Re: [sig] Fwd: Re: [Avacal Circus] Looking for:

  • kevin purtrell
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
      According to WorldCat, it can be found at the University of Notre Dame library.
      It should be easy to get through Inter-Library Loan.

      -Kevin Ambrozijwski

      Susan Koziel <kataryna_dragonweaver@...> wrote:
      Hi all,
      Can anyone give me a hand with the following request?
      Thanks.
      -Kataryna

      Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:44:40 -0600
      From: Morgan the Unknown
      Subject: Re: [Avacal Circus] Looking for:
      To: Kataryna Dragonweaver

      Someone on one of my lists is looking for sources for Hungarian women's garb
      for SCA - got any sources for that?

      Someone did come up with this one

      Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in the
      Hungarian
      Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

      and I thought I'd pass that info to you!

      Morgan

    • Kataryna Dragonweaver
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
        Sorry perhaps I should have been clearer in my message.
        Does anyone have any sources on SCA period Hungarian clothing aside
        from the one listed below?
        Or alternately a good website that has a list of sources.
        Either would be splendid.
        Thanks.
        -Kataryna

        > Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in the
        > Hungarian
        > Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

      • Rick Orli
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
          http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/hungarian.htm has mostly post 1600
          materials but some earlier.
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Kataryna Dragonweaver"

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2007
            Thanks.
            :)
            -K

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@...> wrote:

            > http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/hungarian.htm has mostly post 1600
            > materials but some earlier.
            > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Kataryna Dragonweaver"
            > <kataryna_dragonweaver@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sorry perhaps I should have been clearer in my message.
            > > Does anyone have any sources on SCA period Hungarian clothing
            aside
            > > from the one listed below?
            > > Or alternately a good website that has a list of sources.
            > > Either would be splendid.
            > > Thanks.
            > > -Kataryna
            > >

            > > > Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in
            the
            > > > Hungarian
            > > > Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

          • quokkaqueen
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 26, 2007
              This is a few months late, but the Hungarian National Museum has some
              photos and a reconstruction drawing of extant 16th century clothes.
              http://www.hnm.hu/sarospatak/archiv/divat/divat1.htm

              Just found out about it this morning,
              ~Asfridhr