Fwd: Re: [Avacal Circus] Looking for:

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
      Hi all,
      Can anyone give me a hand with the following request?
      Thanks.
      -Kataryna

      Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:44:40 -0600
      From: Morgan the Unknown
      Subject: Re: [Avacal Circus] Looking for:
      To: Kataryna Dragonweaver

      Someone on one of my lists is looking for sources for Hungarian women's garb
      for SCA - got any sources for that?

      Someone did come up with this one

      Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in the
      Hungarian
      Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

      and I thought I'd pass that info to you!

      Morgan

    • kevin purtrell

        Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:44:40 -0600
        From: Morgan the Unknown
        To: Kataryna Dragonweaver

        Someone on one of my lists is looking for sources for Hungarian women's garb
        for SCA - got any sources for that?

        Someone did come up with this one

        Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in the
        Hungarian
        Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

        and I thought I'd pass that info to you!

        Morgan

      • Kataryna Dragonweaver
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
          Sorry perhaps I should have been clearer in my message.
          Does anyone have any sources on SCA period Hungarian clothing aside
          from the one listed below?
          Or alternately a good website that has a list of sources.
          Either would be splendid.
          Thanks.
          -Kataryna

          > Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in the
          > Hungarian
          > Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

        • Rick Orli
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 2007
            http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/hungarian.htm has mostly post 1600
            materials but some earlier.
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Kataryna Dragonweaver"

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2007
              Thanks.
              :)
              -K

              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@...> wrote:

              > http://www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/hungarian.htm has mostly post 1600
              > materials but some earlier.
              > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Kataryna Dragonweaver"
              > <kataryna_dragonweaver@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Sorry perhaps I should have been clearer in my message.
              > > Does anyone have any sources on SCA period Hungarian clothing
              aside
              > > from the one listed below?
              > > Or alternately a good website that has a list of sources.
              > > Either would be splendid.
              > > Thanks.
              > > -Kataryna
              > >

              > > > Siklodi, Csilla, ed. "Between East and West: Everyday Life in
              the
              > > > Hungarian
              > > > Conquest Period". Budapest: Promptus, 1996. ISBN 963-04-6677-5.

            • quokkaqueen
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 26, 2007
                This is a few months late, but the Hungarian National Museum has some
                photos and a reconstruction drawing of extant 16th century clothes.
                http://www.hnm.hu/sarospatak/archiv/divat/divat1.htm

                Just found out about it this morning,
                ~Asfridhr