Heraldic registration

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
      AberHerdt wrote:
      > Small point of order here. If you plan to fight in a baronial coronet
      > tourney, like we have here in Western Seas, or a crown tourney, you
      > must have a name and device at least 'in submission'.

      >If you plan to hold a position of recognition, than you are probably
      > playing at a different level than the pink unicorns anyway.

      This depends entirely on the kingdom you are playing in. Caid CURRENTLY
      requires a name that is in submission or better. Other kingdoms do not.

      Regarding little pink unicorns - while pink is not a heraldic color, there
      is a piece of a Byzantine tapestry with pink 'my little ponys' on it. And
      they are pink, not faded red! ;-)

      Su of the Silver Horn, Dolphin Herald, Caid
      Su Ralston, Fulerton, CA
    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
        There are also lots of blue "my little ponies" in Persian Manuscripts as
        well. The funny things you find in the scribal arts (snicker).

        Ianuk

        On 7/25/07, Su Ralston <suralston@...> wrote:

        > AberHerdt wrote:
        > > Small point of order here. If you plan to fight in a baronial coronet
        > > tourney, like we have here in Western Seas, or a crown tourney, you
        > > must have a name and device at least 'in submission'.
        >
        > >If you plan to hold a position of recognition, than you are probably
        > > playing at a different level than the pink unicorns anyway.
        >
        > This depends entirely on the kingdom you are playing in. Caid CURRENTLY
        > requires a name that is in submission or better. Other kingdoms do not.
        >
        > Regarding little pink unicorns - while pink is not a heraldic color, there
        >
        > is a piece of a Byzantine tapestry with pink 'my little ponys' on it. And
        > they are pink, not faded red! ;-)
        >
        > Su of the Silver Horn, Dolphin Herald, Caid
        > Su Ralston, Fulerton, CA

      • magdalenag56
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
          > >If you plan to hold a position of recognition, than you are
          probably playing at a different level than the pink unicorns anyway.

          Not if you are Armenian. Armenian manuscripts have the most beautiful
          colors including bright pastels. Too bad they (bright pastels) aren't
          heraldic.

          As far as unicorns, that may be another story...

          Magdalena
        • Robert Lewis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
            Atenveldt requires name and device in submission (or passed) for both the
            entrant and their prospective consort.

            Heralds, do a quick conflict check, but I think red unicorns should be
            fairly open (very few red unicorns or horses showed up on my quick O and A
            search) if anyone REALLY wants to register one and display it as being pink.

            Ivan Kosinski
            College of Brymstonne
            Atenveldt

            MKA Rob Lewis (not a herald, but married to one, so I know the basics of
            conflict checking)
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25, 2007
              not even in Armenia?

              http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/