Was Re: Gag! )

  • abestripe
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 24, 2007
      > The point that seems to be very quickly forgotton when it comes to
      > names and heraldry, is that nobody is going to force you to register
      > it with the college.

      Small point of order here. If you plan to fight in a baronial coronet
      tourney, like we have here in Western Seas, or a crown tourney, you
      must have a name and device at least 'in submission'. Now this
      doesn't mean you can't submit your baby pink prancing unicorns, but it
      is unlikely that it will be accepted. And as long as it it under
      submission, you probably have 6-8 months to play before it gets
      rejected. And even this doesn't mean you can't use them, only that
      they have not been accepted as 'heraldicly correct' or maybe that they
      conflict with someone else's baby pink prancing stags. If you plan to
      hold, and you should plan to hold if you plan to fight for, a position
      of recognition, than you are probably playing at a different level
      than the pink unicorns anyway.

      AberHardt
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 25, 2007
        --- abestripe <abestripe@...> wrote:

        > > The point that seems to be very quickly forgotton
        > when it comes to
        > > names and heraldry, is that nobody is going to
        > force you to register
        > > it with the college.
        >
        > Small point of order here. If you plan to fight in
        > a baronial coronet
        > tourney, like we have here in Western Seas, or a
        > crown tourney, you
        > must have a name and device at least 'in
        > submission'.

        I think that this rule does not apply in all kingdoms;
        I'm almost positive that it does not apply in the East
        Kingdom. One should kingdom law first.

        --Sfandra
        --citizen of the People's Republic of the East... ;p

        ******************
        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.

        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 25, 2007
          Our major rules to be acceptable for Crown list,
          outside copora is to be financially able to support a
          riegn and of course, be acceptable to the Crown! The
          Kingdom pays some for gas but very little else. Many
          groups offer non-obligatory contributions to the Royal
          Travel Fund and a lot of folks have silver hats from
          independent fundraising here.
          'dok