RE: Re: [sig] rus fitted dress

  • Shannon Anderson
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 13 1:33 PM
      I like the Russian silhouette, it's comfortable and natural enough. Why I'm looking for something more fitted is a) there was only enough velvet left on the bolt I wanted for something skimpier and b) there's this European dress I've wanted to make for a long time and I was hoping to find it's Russian "cousin."

      I may just make the jacket we've been discussing with my remaining fabric, to go over a more typical dress.

      Thanks for the help,

      Margarita

    • DOUGLAS PETROFF
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 14 5:01 PM
        And please don't forget this all came about after the Mongolian period.
        The far eastern influence seems to play an important part. Sergius B