Re: [sig] Ear Scoop Question

  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2007
      The first picture shows a whole toiletries set suspended from a chatelaine,
      which is very cool btw. So, maybe I can make the assumption that since we
      do have toiletries sets that the single bone scoops could could have been
      worn suspended as well. One of them has a hole for the suspension the other
      does not. I have photographs of them in

      *Drevniaia Novgorod: Prikladnoe Iskusstvo i Arkeologiia (Applied Art and
      Archeology of Ancient Novgorod). Moscow, 1985*

      *Sacred Arts and City Life: The Glory of Medieval Novgorod Walters Art
      Gallery, 2005.*
      Along with line drawings of them in

      *Drevniaia Rus: Byt l Kul'tur*. Moscow, 1997

      I don't recall if the first picture that Sofya sent is in any of those
      books. I guess I will have to check when I get home. I have to preregister
      for my A&S competition and so I'm trying to figure out the category to
      enter...looks like it will probably be accessories versus hand tools.

      Ianuk