Re: [sig] Re: Bohemian/Saba

  • Tamara Duran
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2007
      > 1. Could that be the Queen of Sheba? (rumored to be dark according to the song "Bid Her In", comparing a slave at auction "like Sheba in the Bible, she' black but comely").

      Yes, the Queen of Sheba, supposed to have been from Ethiopia or Yemen,
      depending. Gorgeous painting, BTW. I love that they gave her this
      cloud of blonde hair. Hee.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheba

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Sheba

      --Kazimira
    • Lente
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2007
        Well a search on Queen of Saba does pull up the biblical legend of
        Soloman and the Queen of Sheba and other variations of their names
        according to which religion viewpoint the legend is being told from.
        Saba or Sheba from most of the sites I checked out is thought to have
        been located in either present day Ethiopia or Yemen. Timeframe for the
        legend is thought to have been around the 10thC BC.

        Kathws