[sig] Re: Polish dresses

  • magdalenag56
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2007
      Vivat Sofya! You were in my thoughts recently with the extreme
      weather. I hope you were safe from all.

      French robe that resembles the shuba - there is also something in
      Polish clothing that is supposed to be Italian in style that could
      be seen as similar to the shuba. When I get home where my books are,
      I'll post pictures to my folder for you to see. It pops up in the
      Behem Codex as well as Polish Art (a nativity painting).

      I was reading to see if I could find a Polish Italian connection
      before Bona Sforza in the 1500's. What I found was the nobles who
      could afford to, sent their sons to Italy for their education.

      If anyone has access on the most recent NESAT conference held in
      Denmark 2006, there is an article I would like on the Flemish
      Broadcloth In Poland via the Hansa League. Another twisted costume
      connection.

      Magdalena Gdanska