RE: Re: [sig] Re: Polish dresses

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12 5:48 PM

      I absolutely do agree with you. My examples wouldn't make much sense otherwise. I should have said, "The above assumption is demonstrably false."

      Sofya

      Message 2 of 5 , May 14 7:17 AM
        LOL! Those are your warning words in any
        situation...."Master so and so says ____________"!
        Everytime I have asked Master so and so to comfirm
        content they usually end up either laughing or leaving
        on a bug hunt for the quoter with murder in their eye!

        Personally, I like my long sleeves and furlined
        shuba, which my friends have affectionately named my
        "wookiee coat". Beats freezing. Mark Twain once said
        that the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in
        San Francisco. For me, the coldest May weekend I ever
        spent was a coronation in Chicago!
        'dok

        ____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.
      • magdalenag56
        Message 3 of 5 , May 15 4:34 AM
          Vivat Sofya! You were in my thoughts recently with the extreme
          weather. I hope you were safe from all.

          French robe that resembles the shuba - there is also something in
          Polish clothing that is supposed to be Italian in style that could
          be seen as similar to the shuba. When I get home where my books are,
          I'll post pictures to my folder for you to see. It pops up in the
          Behem Codex as well as Polish Art (a nativity painting).

          I was reading to see if I could find a Polish Italian connection
          before Bona Sforza in the 1500's. What I found was the nobles who
          could afford to, sent their sons to Italy for their education.

          If anyone has access on the most recent NESAT conference held in
          Denmark 2006, there is an article I would like on the Flemish
          Broadcloth In Poland via the Hansa League. Another twisted costume
          connection.

          Magdalena Gdanska