RE: Re: [sig] Re: Polish dresses

  • Katherine Barich
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2007
      From: "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...>
      Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:59:00 -0400

      >>It's probably not always correct to assume styles travelled west to east.
      >
      >In fact, the above statement is demonstrably false.

      I don't follow. I think what you are saying supports what I was trying to say which is don't assume that the flow of "fashion" was west to east, which seems to be a common misconception. Do you not agree with that?

      Katherine
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2007

        I absolutely do agree with you. My examples wouldn't make much sense otherwise. I should have said, "The above assumption is demonstrably false."

        Sofya

        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2007
          LOL! Those are your warning words in any
          situation...."Master so and so says ____________"!
          Everytime I have asked Master so and so to comfirm
          content they usually end up either laughing or leaving
          on a bug hunt for the quoter with murder in their eye!

          Personally, I like my long sleeves and furlined
          shuba, which my friends have affectionately named my
          "wookiee coat". Beats freezing. Mark Twain once said
          that the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in
          San Francisco. For me, the coldest May weekend I ever
          spent was a coronation in Chicago!
          'dok

          ____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.
        • magdalenag56
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2007
            Vivat Sofya! You were in my thoughts recently with the extreme
            weather. I hope you were safe from all.

            French robe that resembles the shuba - there is also something in
            Polish clothing that is supposed to be Italian in style that could
            be seen as similar to the shuba. When I get home where my books are,
            I'll post pictures to my folder for you to see. It pops up in the
            Behem Codex as well as Polish Art (a nativity painting).

            I was reading to see if I could find a Polish Italian connection
            before Bona Sforza in the 1500's. What I found was the nobles who
            could afford to, sent their sons to Italy for their education.

            If anyone has access on the most recent NESAT conference held in
            Denmark 2006, there is an article I would like on the Flemish
            Broadcloth In Poland via the Hansa League. Another twisted costume
            connection.

            Magdalena Gdanska