Spinning wheel plans

  • Rachel Sampsel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2007
      "dianna marsolek" Wrote:

      i am looking to find spinning whell plans

      **************

      Could you be a little more specific?

      Are you looking for something that your personae would have had? If so,
      that's going to vary by location and time frame.

      Are you just interested in learning how to use a wheel and making your own
      yarn/threads? Are you planning on weaving said fibers?

      Are you looking for something in the way of a woodworking project? Not to
      be offensive, but building a spinning wheel, modern or period, is tough
      without a lathe and/or some significant woodworking skills.
      Most Spinning wheels across the historical spectrum can actually be
      acquired at a fairly reasonable price. My own isn't period, but it's fun
      to play with and learn on, which is all I care about right now, anyway.

      There are some groups on Yahoo that address spinning and weaving targeted
      at SCA interests. I'm at work now, so accessing the exact addresses are
      off the top of my head, but I'm thinking that they're
      SCAweaving@yahoogroups.com, SCAspinning@yahoogroups.com (could be wrong
      about the order that the words appear in). You might have better luck
      finding the plans you're looking for on those lists.

      Patches