RE: [sig] looking for a keiaven rus for pauls outer clothing

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2007

      Do you mean some sort of sleeveless svita? (The svita is the predecessor of the kaftan.)
      Or a cloak? Or...?

      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KMC.html

      I've never heard of a Kievan equivalent of a vest, but it would be easy enough to make - take the rubakha pattern and leave off the sleeves. And thus Mordak's "Russian T-tunic Principle" finds a new application - for better or worse. ;-)

      Sofya

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser