looking for a keiaven rus for pauls outer clothing

  • dianna marsolek
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2007
      i am looking for a pattern for a nobl mens outer clothing it has no
      butend and i think it sliped on over the head and no sleves
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2007

        Do you mean some sort of sleeveless svita? (The svita is the predecessor of the kaftan.)
        Or a cloak? Or...?

        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/KMC.html

        I've never heard of a Kievan equivalent of a vest, but it would be easy enough to make - take the rubakha pattern and leave off the sleeves. And thus Mordak's "Russian T-tunic Principle" finds a new application - for better or worse. ;-)

        Sofya

        Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser